Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Review Experience

This week's coding review have helped me a lot. Looking at other people's code and to see how they approached the project was very interesting and a good learning experience. While viewing others' codes, I sometime wondered to myself "why are they writing it this way" or "how can this be efficient?", but as I took my time and began to figure what that piece of code actually doing, I oftentimes thought to myself that what they are doing is actually a more efficient and organized way of coding.

While I was reviewing other people's codes, I cannot help but to notice that most of the codes were very well documented and commented. This struck me because I could not remember if I documented my own code that well. All I could remember about my code is that I rushed through it in an attempt to finish up all of the commands. Now I know that if there are improvements that can be made into my code, one of them would be to add more documentation and comments. I thought most of the code I reviewed was very well done. Even though their code may not have the full functionality of the commands, its interfaces and such were build quite well.

I would have to say that viewing somebody else's review about our project was also very helpful. It seems that everybody who was assigned to do our project review have completed it, and they did a very good job. I have learned through looking at some of our review that we still need to work on our interfaces and class structuring. This seems to be a somewhat of a difficult task, but since now I have a better idea of how to structure our code, I think we can do it. This code reviewing overall was indeed a very helpful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment