Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Greenometer Review

After finishing up our very first Group project in Wicket, it is now time to review other people's work. I was assigned to review the Greenometer project. I would have to say that I was most impressed with their graphical interface. It is needless to say one of the most impressive looking project in class and their use of Google chart tool made the system a lot more user-friendly.

I would say that the system fulfils most of the project requirements. It does what it is supposed to do in a very neat fashion. I liked the addition of the traffic light object which indicates the current carboncontent level. Their source code was nicely organized into 3 packages with each of them having a specific function. I noticed that there were some files in the system that contained functions that were never being called. I am not sure why the functions are there, but I would assume that taking those functions out of the source code would increase the code coverage data in Hackystat significantly. I also suggest making test cases which tests for failure cases. This should cause the system to call some of the catch{} statements and should increase the coverage data even further.

Their Hackystat and continuous integration data indicates that they correctly configured the system to perform daily builds and regular builds after each commit. Their data also shows that they have committed their changes regularly and also shows that each person in the project have contributed to the work fairly well. The only problem with the data was the low Test values due to missing test cases, which can be easily fixed in their next version. I would say that Greenometer group did a pretty good job with the project, and I sure hope they keep up the good work!

My project review can be downloaded here.

No comments:

Post a Comment