Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hosting MistaRoboto with SVN

We are nearing the half way mark of the semester and now we are beginning to prepare for our upcoming group projects. Our next task is to study how to use Subversion with Google Hosting.

Subversion is a tool that enables you and your group members to upload local copy of your project onto the online repository.

Using Subversion with Google Hosting can never be easier. I was able to upload my project almost issue free. The only problem I had with uploading my project was that I accidentally deleted parts of my project and for a little while I was not able to run verify on it. I was able to determine the source of the problem fairly quickly however. I simply copied down to my local repository the files that were missing in the online repository, and committed the changes. The missing files were back on the repository and the project was back and ready to go.

Throughout this exercise and learning this new Google Hosting functionality, I am now more confident that I will be able to organise a group project. I think that one important feature of Subversion is that we have the option to roll back to previous versions of the project if something goes very wrong in our latest project version. I would like to be able to effectively use all the functionalities provided by Subversion

No comments:

Post a Comment